We are officially ‘Over the Hump’! It is Wednesday, and the downhill slope to the weekend starts here!
Our highlights from across where-i-live.com this week include :
- Imagine if Rugby had no rules. Welcome to the brutal Georgian game of Lelo Burti. Read more here.
- Missing Game of Thrones? It is just over a year since the biggest TV series of all time came to an end. But that has not stopped Game of Thrones fans wanting to continue the story, some even imagining what a modern day Westeros would look like today.. Read more here.
- You can follow Over The Hump on Twitter at @Over_theHump
- We walked the streets of Edinburgh this weekend to give you a sense of how the city is faring in lockdown. Our photo tour starts at Waverley Station, walks up Princes Street and George Street, back up the Mound to Victoria Street, then down the Royal Mile and back to Waverley. Find out more and see all the photos here.
- July 11th was World Fringe Day. Lockdown, social distancing and little funding – the arts industry is taking a beating in 2020. Against impossible odds, the performers of Edinburgh Fringe Festival and other industry artists are innovating diverse methods to prevail in the current climate. Read more here.
- Male ballet dancers are strong, flexible, and graceful, but many professionals are forced to overcome stigma along the way. Why is the judgement and prejudices from a bygone era still prevalent today?. Discover more here
- You can follow the EFC on Twitter @FringeEdinburgh
- Are graduates prepared for life beyond the lecture hall? Is there a reality gap between what grads want from the world of work and what they get. Read our story here.
- You can follow kroW on Twitter at @WIL_kroW
- Visiting Florida’s theme parks this year? For some big and tall tourists, whether they will be able to fit onto the rollercoasters they have saved all year to ride is front and centre of their minds. What help is out there to address concerns before visitors arrive at the parks? Read more here.
- You can follow Compass on Twitter @WIL_Compass